This role is responsible for inspecting underground headings, scaling loose rocks and installing ground support safely. This role follows a 14/14 schedule to a drive in camp in Northern Ontario. Travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect condition of headings
- Drill holes and insert rock bolt following standard operating procedures
- Install ground support such as wire mesh
- Follow all safety guidelines and requirements and report any safety hazards, concerns or incidents
- Complete tasks as assigned by the shift supervisor regarding ground support requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three (3) years in underground mining with relevant experience (jackleg/stoper)
- Basic Underground Hardrock Mining Common Core
- Understanding and commitment to safety regulations and policies and adherence to standard operating procedures
- Drive in camp job with a schedule of two weeks in, two weeks out, located in Northern Ontario.
- Requires travel
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads in excess of 40 pounds etc.)
- Must be able to pass a medical and drug test